Don’t mess with Texas and Black Pumas are hosting an exclusive live performance in Austin on May 25.
You want in?
Enter your contact info below and upload either a video or photo of yourself picking up litter for your chance to be on the guest list. Videos must be less than 15 seconds and they will count as 10 entries on your behalf. Pictures will count as one entry. Submit your entries before May 20, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. Winners will be contacted May 22-24.
Follow Don’t mess with Texas and Black Pumas on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for updates. #TXisBlackPumas
Thank you to everyone who submitted! If you’re one of the 75 lucky winners, you will be contacted on May 22 - 24. Thanks again for helping us spread the Don’t mess with Texas message! #TxisBlackPumas #DontmesswithTexas
OFFICIAL RULES: Don’t mess with Texas® + Black Pumas
This Contest is sponsored solely by The Texas Department of Transportation (“TxDOT” or “Sponsor”), GDC Marketing and Ideation, and the Black Pumas Band (Partners). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor. For a copy of these Official Contest Rules, please visit the website: www.TXisBlackPumas.com.
ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open only to individuals who (i) are legal U.S. residents of the Texas (ii) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
Void outside Texas and where prohibited by law.
Employees, contractors, officers and directors of Sponsor or Partners , their affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and any third party prize provider(s) and/or prize fulfillment service (collectively, the “Contest Entities”); individuals employed by and members of the immediate families (spouse and biological, adoptive or step-parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren and siblings, and each of their respective spouses regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the Contest Entities are not eligible to participate in the Contest or win the prize.
Any person who has won a prize (or whose household has won a prize) in any promotion sponsored by TxDOT in the thirty (30) days prior to this Contest start date is not eligible to win a prize in this Contest.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social network or platform. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor, and not to, a social network or platform.
TIMING: Contest begins on May 11, 2021 at 12:00:00 a.m. CT and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on May 20, 2021 (“Contest Entry Period").
Submission Period: May 11, 2021 at 12:00:00 a.m. CT and ends May 20, 2021 at 11:59:59pm CT.
Internal Winner Selection: May 21, 2021 – May 24, 2021.
- DESCRIPTION OF CONTEST/HOW TO ENTER:
How to Enter: During the Contest Entry Period, visit http://www.TXisBlackPumas.com / (“Contest Website”) to register for the Contest by submitting the entry form with all required information (including your name, address, email address, any other information requested by Sponsor) as well as your 15-second or less video or one (1) photo submission, Entrants will receive one (1) entry into the Contest for a Photo Upload and ten (10) entries for a video upload. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address/household. Entries must contain all information requested and comply with all content submission requirements set forth herein to be valid.
- ENTRY AND ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES: All entries submitted must comply with the following guidelines.
SUBMISSION CRITERIA: Entry submissions must be original made photos/videos and must be uploaded to the entry page featuring the entrant picking up litter and throwing it away. The Sponsor will not take submissions from a 3rd party. Contest submissions must be submitted and received before the contest deadline on May 20, 2021 by 11:59:59 p.m. CT.
By entering this contest, you consent that your likeness or image may be used in a video public service announcement for TxDOT’s Don’t mess with Texas® campaign distributed by any platform or means TxDOT deems suitable, including without limitation broadcast television, online digital advertising, social media, and online streaming services
- WINNER SELECTION:
All qualifying entries will be assigned a number in a spreadsheet. Video submissions will receive ten entries, photo submissions will receive one. Sponsor will enter number range with appropriate amount of minimum and maximum numbers based on number of entries received into the random number generator at https://www.random.org/. Sponsor will generate 75 random numbers from the range, and the names with the respective numbers assigned to them will be declared the winners. An individual may only win one time.
- CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT REQUIREMENTS:
As used herein, “Content” includes and refers to all information, content, and material submitted by you in connection with the Contest (including, but not limited to your submission.
By submitting your Content, you warrant and represent that such Content: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) has not been copied from others, (e) does not infringe upon the rights of any person or entity (including such individual’s and/or entity’s copyrights, trademarks rights, rights of privacy or publicity or any other intellectual property), (f) that you have obtained permission from a person whose name, likeness or name is used in the Content, and (g) and that publication of the Content via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor and Partners from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose Content includes names or likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such Content, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner. The Content submitted shall be 100% owned and controlled by the entrant. The Content shall be free and clear of any claims by any person whose writings, quotes, or ideas are embodied in the Content, or any person rendering services in connection with the Content. The Content shall not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license. The Sponsor reserves the right to remove or void any Content that it deems to be in violation of these Official Rules, in its sole and absolute discretion.
By submitting Content you agree that your Content disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited, and made without restriction, will not place the Sponsor or Contest Entities under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the Sponsor is free to use and otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Content, the Sponsor and the Contest Entities do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor or Contest Entities, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
CONTENT MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, OR ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET AS AUTHORIZED BY SPONSOR, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. In consideration for your participation in this Contest and for the opportunity to win a prize hereunder, you hereby grant the Sponsor, Partners, the Contest Entities, and another authorized on their behalf, an unlimited, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-restrictive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, publicly perform, transmit, have distributed, prepare derivative works of, and promote such Content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose and without consideration to the entrant.
All Content submitted must confirm to the additional submission requirements set forth as follows to be eligible:
- Content must comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on the Contest Website and Sponsor’s website;
- Content must be uploaded/submitted in the format specified and must comply with the posting requirements set forth above and as posted on the Contest Website;
- The Content must be Federal Communications Commission acceptable, including no use of indecent or obscene material or language;
- Content cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- Content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), and cannot promote or portray any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Content cannot be offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Content cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging, libelous, or misleading remarks, comments, or material about the Sponsor, the Contest Entities, any of their respective products and/or services, or about any other people, products or companies;
- Content cannot infringe on or violate any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or other intellectual property, proprietary, or contractual right of a third party and cannot contain any personal identification such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses, other than entrant’s;
- Content cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission;
- Content cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission (Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant, except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor, is grounds for disqualification from the Contest. Therefore, do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your content and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor and Contest Entities);
- Content shall not include any background artwork, unless it is an original work of the entrant (any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in the Content must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein);
- The Content cannot be abusive or harassing towards any individual or group of individuals regarding race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any legally protected classification (which includes, but is not limited to, epithets or slurs, threats, intimidations, or hostile acts);
- Content cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
- Content cannot communicate any messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor and Contest Entities wish to associate;
- Content cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law; and
- The Content must be socially acceptable and in good taste, as determined by the Sponsor in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
ALL DECISIONS REGARDING THE APPROPRIATENESS OF THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT SHALL BE AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR. The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Content, in its sole discretion, based on the terms set forth herein as well as current broadcast standards and other programming and operating practices and policies established by the Sponsor and/or Station for airing advertising. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest Content requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Entry Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Content which fails to comply with the Content requirements prior to any judging period. CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WAS NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND IS THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER.
By accepting a prize, the winner(s) agrees that his or her Content will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Content, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their Content. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning Content, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Content and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
- 75 entrants will be selected to attend an exclusive concert on Tuesday, May 25, 2021 in Austin, TX. Location of exclusive concert will be revealed between Saturday, May 22-Monday, May 24, 2021 when entrants are contacted notifying them of their prize. Each of the 75 winners will be allowed to bring one guest with them to the exclusive concert event with the Black Pumas on Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
- Some entrants photo/video online content submissions will be selected for inclusion in a new Don’t mess with Texas TV commercial.
- Concert attendees may be featured in the next Don’t mess with Texas video public service announcement.